A trusted name since 1866
TIMELINE OF HUNTER FUNERAL HOME
1866 - Hunter Funeral Home was established when W. W. Hunter came to McKeesport and started the business of undertaking, livery, furniture at the corner of Sixth & Market Streets.
1873 - W. W. Hunter disposed of the furniture business.
1885 - His son, Orlando M. Hunter, became a partner in the business.
1893 - The firm erected one of the largest livery and boarding stables in the state.
1912 - The firm introduced the first automobile hearse to McKeesport.
1914 - Orlando's son, Frank C. Hunter, joined the firm after attending embalming school in Philadelphia.
1919 - W. W. Hunter died at age 83.
1925 - O. M. Hunter died at age 63.
1949 - After serving in the U. S. Army in WWII, Frank's son, William O. Hunter attended the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science and became a licensed funeral director with the firm.
1954 - Frank C. and William O. Hunter disposed of their interest in the funeral home at Sixth & Market and established the current Hunter Funeral Home at 1600 Coursin Street in McKeesport in the former home of Edward Peters.
1966 - Frank C. Hunter died at age 75.
1969 - After attending Kent State University, William O. Hunter's son, William C. Hunter, graduated from the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science.
1970 - William C. Hunter became a licensed funeral director with the firm.
1998 - William O. Hunter died at age 78.
2006 - William C. Hunter's daughter, Kate Hunter, graduated from the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science after attaining a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Penn State University.
2007 - Kate Hunter became a licensed funeral director with the firm.